Friday, June 27, 2008

this is now a potty training blog!

I am going to start blogging about PTing Carley. She has proven to be the most difficult in this and I want to be able to go back and really see the progress she's made. Today is day #2 so lets go back to yesterday...before yesterday Carley had only gone on the potty maybe twice(and that was this week). She always refused and I didn't want to push her -- if she said no I didn't force her to sit on it. There's no forcing that child to do anything anyways. So she finally started to at least sit on it and I thought, okay, that's it. We have got to get this over and done with before she turns 3! And it just so happened that we ran out of pull-ups right about this same time. Well she did fantastic yesterday!! By the end of the night she had gone on the potty 6 times and had 5 accidents. One of those accidents being poopy. Not too bad for the first day!

Today, she started with no accidents!! She must have peed on the potty about 4 times. At 3pm I started to get everyone ready to go to the bank. By the time we were out the door it was 3:30 and as soon as I started the car she had her first accident of the day. Which was completely understandable, as I had been super busy and forgot to ask her! She has been telling me most of the time but there are a couple times where I'll ask her and she'll say yes(mostly she says no when asked). So we changed and went to the bank. We were there a whole hour with no accidents! Then she went when we got home and now she is napping. What a good day! I am so proud of her!

No comments: