Monday, July 16, 2007

My couch is comfy.

I know because I had to sleep on it last night. As soon as we put the girls to bed Carley starts fussing at the gate. We ignore it since she does this every night and eventually will just stop and go back to bed. Not 5 minutes later we hear Daisia screaming "Carley threw up, Carley threw up!!" I run back there to find throw up all over Carley, the gate, and the floor. So I rush to put her in the bath and we get everything cleaned up(that gate was a total PIA to clean). We put her back down in the bed and she was falling asleep quickly. Phew, that was fun. Now D and I get settled to watch some TV before bed. Carley throws up again, this time in the bed. So we start all over again - clean, comfort, sleep. This time we put her on the little kids couch with a sheet over it in case she throws up again. By this time it's, like, midnight. Carley seems to be asleep but every 10 minutes or so she is up wanting to be held. So we just go to bed and she goes with us. As soon as I start to fall asleep(it always works out this way) she starts to gag. I run to the bathroom and try to face her to the sink while she is struggling to hug me while she pukes. Not an easy feat but I managed not to get any throw up on me! Soooo, THIS time, I set me and her up on the couch, her with a towel under her and a sippy of half Pedialyte/half water. Ahhh, much better. We sleep. Yay. No more puke to clean. And this morning she is totally fine. Funny kid. I don't know what the deal was! I'm just glad she's herself today and not moping around the house begging to watch Dora every second.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl....welcome to the blog world. :) Sounds like you did have a rough night. I am glad everything is back to normal. I hate when our little ones get sick. Can't wait to read more of your blog. :)

~Amy~